We have worked hard to continue to support your child and family during the school closures due to the Corona Virus with tele-health services. While this has been helpful for many of our families, we also recognize that is has not been ideal for others. As we are start to resume in person CSCT services (individual and small group services) this summer with appropriate safety precautions, participation in face to face services is entirely voluntary. We will also continue telehealth (Video and phone) services as an option to meet your family’s needs over the summer. In order for BVEC staff members to provide in person services, both staff members and families members need to follow BVEC, school district and state guidelines to minimize exposure or spread of the Corona Virus. Below are guideline examples (the BVEC staff member helping your family can provide details for your site):
- Students who are high risk or who have family members who are high risk will not be able to receive in-person treatment
- If feeling sick, the guardian/student will notify the therapist and not attend treatment sessions in person
- A 6’ distance between all people will be maintained during face to face activities
- Guardian/student must wear face mask/covering if interacting in a confined space
- Guardian/student will avoid touching face and should sneeze/cough into a tissue or the inside of your elbow
- Sanitizing contact surfaces before and after treatment activities
- Due to current social distancing requirements, our ability to transport students in district or BVEC vehicles for group or community activities may be limited.
While we are committed to taking all reasonable precautions, there is no way to remove all risk of exposure to Covid-19. Again, Individual and small group services provided in person are completely voluntary. If you have concerns or are uncomfortable with resuming face to face services, contact your child’s current therapist to discuss an alternate method for support. Although our services will be different than in past summers, it is important we continue to support children during this time and we remain committed to find flexible solutions to do so. If you have additional questions feel free to contact me as well. We appreciate working with your family and desire to help children successfully transition back into school and community settings.
CSCT Program Administrator
Bitterroot Valley Education Cooperative